Friday, February 20, 2015

Double Exposed Portraits

Portrait photography is when you have a group of people(or one person) displaying emotion or a feeling. Usually, you will have the full body showing, and background, but the main focal point is the face. It can relate to silhouetting because, well first of all, a silhouette is a shadow of a persons face. And a silhouette is a profile, which is a outline side view of a persons face. Also, once you finish your double exposure, its a silhouette of your face, All three, profile, silhouette, and portraits are closely bonded to each other. Although at first it's confusing, once you actually try to do these three, it becomes much simpler.

Double exposures are created in photoshop when you get three images, two of which represent you, and a profile of your face, preferably. Once you get all of these, you go to photoshop, file, automate, load into stack. This will load of the pictures on top of each other. After putting your profile on the top layer, you dodge it, you can change the strength of it as well, around your face. After you finish putting the dodge around your face, you can go into blend mode by double clicking the layer, and screen it. This way, it makes the background visible. To add some "originality" to your double exposure, click layer, new adjustment layer and explore with options. Some reasons you would want to do this is because, well first it represents YOU. Also, its just a cool thing to print out and keep.


The symbolism in my two pictures are steel, and sports. The steel represents my strength, and how I can pull through things. The sports represents the lightness, and something I'm very passionate about. I think I did a pretty good job of working, and it's almost my highest quality of work. I could of dodged better, and I could of used the curve to make it lighter. However, I still really like it, it has proper head room and it overall seems really awesome.

8 comments:

  1. cool colors
    got to be more clear
    vivid lights!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cant really tell what your symbols are
    like how its abstract

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't see any symbols
    I can't see any symbols
    I can't see any symbols

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors!
    You can't see the symbols, all you see is colors.
    Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the colors you used.
    I cant tell what you used.
    You can show us more clearly what pictures you used.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Compliment:I like the abstract part of the pic
    Criticism:You can't see your symbols very well
    Compliment:It's really colorful

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite part of your work is the colors and how its abstract!:)
    Your message does not work because you cant see it.
    Your quality could improve by letting us see the symbols clearly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice use of the overlays. I cant see any symbolism. Good dodging.

    ReplyDelete