Monday, February 9, 2015

HDR Photography


HDR Photography stands for High-dynamic-range. It is a technique used to increase or decrease exposure for the image to seem more appealing. The camera takes 3-4 pictures usually then combines them into one stunning picture. What I like about HDR? Well, it certainly makes the picture seem much, much more vivid in detail and in most aspects. The part I do not like about it is how much time it takes to accomplish one, amazing picture. It takes precise editing, and good instinct to make the picture surreal, and just look, well nice overall. 

To create a HDR image, first you need a camera, obviously. Then, after turning it on, make it into autofocus, so that it stables more efficiently. After doing so, you must turn up the little numbers on the knobs on, and you can see the numbers on the LSD screen. Turn that number up to the one that makes the image seem the best and snap. If you wish, you can take the same picture and use one exposure after the other. Ex: -3 to start, then -2, -1, 0, 1 , 2, 3.

I will update this soon, obviously but for now I have no pictures, except for the portrait. The thought process behind the pictures I'm going to take is to include more green, scenery foreground and less sky. Since the landscape I wish to take doesn't really suit for a superimposed picture, I will take another landscape that suits the portrait. With the picture I'm going to take (sunset at beach) I want to angle the sun more to the right, within the rule of thirds, and the water ever so slightly at the bottom, along with the sand. I want the setting sun to be the focal point.

No comments:

Post a Comment