Friday, October 23, 2015

Cracking the Code

In our G.T media class this week, we have been learning basic coding. We also were presented with a question, is coding really required in life? Well, I don't think so. It all really depends on the career path you want to follow. For example, what if Lebron James had been into coding  but still wished to follow his career path as a NBA superstar. He couldn't of done both. Other people in the world probably are torn between the two. So, what I say about coding is simple. If you like it, go for it! If you don't want to learn it and have your career path planned out, I say go with your gut.

My first experience working with code was an interesting one. It was in sixth grade, when our class was working with chromebooks. It was on code.org and most of our class understood at least the very basics of coding. I believe it was the angry birds activity that we attempted to do. I personally enjoyed it, however some of my other classmates had hated it with a passion. Ever since then, I have forgotten about coding. Until now, and once again I enjoy it!

If I could design any game, it would be a game similar to clash of clans. The goal of the game would be to level up your character, and the higher your level is, the more freedom you get for the game. For example, let's say you start off and your a "Novice Ruler". As a novice, your "kingdom" will only be entitled to a few things, such as basic walls and people living in your village. You can level up by your resource producers that villagers operate. That's the basics of it, and if I could design a game I would design a game like that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment