Monday, November 9, 2015

Composition Scavenger Hunt


Last week, in our G.T media class we got into teams of 3 and started a project on composition techniques. It personally wasn't my favorite project, however I got through it. The most important composition technique I think our team filmed was rule of thirds (subject). Although I say this, it only pertains to our class. In our class, we have two periods in which we have to film a lot. So our class tends to use a lot of rule of thirds subject, and thats why I believe its the most important.

The most difficult composition technique for me to do is rule of thirds, subject. I also said this was the most vital however it is the hardest. So many rules apply to this technique, and so many are required to make it appear flawlessly. First of all, you need to align your subject in rule of thirds which isn't all too hard if you turn on the grid part of your camera. After doing so, you need a background that applies to whatever your story or what your doing is about. (Example, story about ocean might have a background of an aquarium or fish species behind it). Along with the background applying, you can't have a wall behind your interviewee. That's only the basics of rule of thirds though. Many more in-depth features are out there, and you can find some right here if it interests you.
     
My teammates were Kynan Ledee and Timothy Blum. All of us played an important rule in our video, but perhaps the most important was Tim's, because he filmed nearly all the shots and had ideas for some of them. Kynan was the subject of most of our subjects, and did the voiceovers. and I was the person with the ideas for shots (more so than Tim) and filmed the shots Tim did not. Over all, I feel as if our group was even in the amount of work we had done, and thats really important in group projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment