Friday, October 2, 2015

My Humorous Monologue



In our G.T class, we have been working on a project. The project is a comedic monologue in which we need to memorize, and film b-roll over our audio. I've learned a lot about writing comedic ideas due to this project. Most of them include the basic idea of working off of what makes you laugh, but other ideas are more complex. One of the more complex ideas of writing comedic work is that you are not going to make people laugh at every joke. To be a comedian, you have to be able to accept the fact that sometimes people will not think you are funny.

Describe pad & why padding your clips is crucial. Pad, is a very important aspect in filmmaking. It ensures no footage gets cut off at the beginning and end of your clips. Pad is really just adding 3-5 seconds extra before actually filming so while importing, none of your clips will be cut off. I used pad often in my clips, with the exception of a few of the clips. Those few clips I needed to adjust because they were cut off.

My main weaknesses in this project were the lack of productivity I had. I could of finished alot more if I had been more productive. No, it's not my best project however it's my first project of the year. I hope to do better on our next project. My main strengths though, were my speaking. I spoke loudly and clearly in my monologue. I also think I had really creative ideas, however I couldn't apply them in the best way possible. I think this is a good first project though, and I really liked it!

No comments:

Post a Comment